Saturday, October 4, 2008

Katy Perry + Jools

Photo from katy.perry's photostream

So I'm surfing YouTube for Later...
videos because I don't live in the UK and can't afford BBC two here (if it is at all available).
So I'm watching videos of bands (good bands in their own right) and artists playing, and I come across Katy Perry on the show.

You know her, the lady who kisses girls with cherry chapstick (via thetapeisnotsticky.com)? Rock Star Journalist has some links to articles critiquing that song.

Now, I'm a big fan of Later... with Jools Holland, and I've noticed that pretty much all the acts on that show have some sort of musical and artistic merit that is appreciated by Later's music and talent directors/producers.

I thought that "I kissed a girl" was simply a pop hit, a very big pop hit. But I guess Later seems to feel that there is more to this chick that one may think. Cool.

She's cute, granted, and the music is definitely well crafted pop, thanks to a group called The Matrix.



No comments: